Multi-link CEO, winner in African Utility Week Industry Awards in Cape Town
Multi-link’s CEO Michael Njoroge joined some of the exciting and pioneering power and water professionals, utilities and projects that were winners in this year’s African Utility Week Industry Awards. Michael won the coveted Future Leader Award, being the inaugural winner of the award.
The winners of these prestigious industry awards in 11 different categories were announced at the gala dinner that took place on Wednesday evening, 18 May, during the annual African Utility Week and Clean Power Africa at the CTICC in Cape Town. More than 5000 power and water professionals have so far gathered in Cape Town for the event which ends on Thursday, 19 May.
Mr Kandeh Yumkella, UN Under-Secretary-General and Former Special Representative of the Secretary-General and CEO, Sustainable Energy for All (SE4All), won the Lifetime Achievement Award. He was also an inspired keynote speaker on the opening day of African Utility Week on Tuesday.
Multi-link continues to set the pace for Africa’s clean energy revolution.
Other finalist in the category were:
– Chimaobi Daniel NNA, Research Officer 1, Energy Commission of Nigeria
– Jarrad Wright, Principal Researcher/Engineer, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, South Africa
– Loda Dedekind, Associate: Power Generation, Aurecon, South Africa
– Lungile Mashele, Sector Specialist: Energy, Development Bank of Southern Africa, South Africa
– Siya Xuza, Founder and Managing Director, Galactic Energy Ventures, South Africa
– Werner van Antwerpen, Head: Utilities & Sustainability Growthpoint Properties, South Africa